Sunday, July 08, 2012

Steamy Sunday



One last post about Jaycee and Bud in Different Roads, then on to my third book, Symmetry.

I chose these six sentences for two reasons. 1) To show the passion that drew them together in the first place and binds them despite all their fighting. 2) To show everyone that my books contain more than just stormy relationships and emotion-filled scenes. The truth is my heroines are all pretty much hot-to-trot like a certain redheaded author who created them, but only with that one special guy. And I can assure you that these scenes are thoroughly researched and factually accurate.

“We were made for each other, Jaycee. Don’t ever doubt it, and don’t ever forget that you’re mine.”

She pulled him deeper still and begged him never to stop. He did his best to comply, but he finally collapsed in her arms and fell asleep still inside her.

Jaycee lay motionless, afraid to breathe because she didn’t want to wake him and have to let him go. She marveled at how perfectly they fit together that way and how she barely felt the weight of his body, and she decided it was because they were so much stronger together than either of them was alone.

I tried to pick a passage that was steamy but not too much for a Sunday morning coffee read. If you like more delicious details in your love scenes, there are plenty of those in Different Roads. Please also check out the other Six Sentencers, especially my friends Angela Quarles and Stephanie Lawton.

~Stay true to yourself and your dreams will come true!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:24 AM

    TMI Joyce! TMI! :D Don't worry about being too steamy. There are a lot of erotica writers who participate in SSS.

    Your six are lovely and do a lot to reveal character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your description here of the intensity of their emotion, great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This my first time visiting your blog, but I loved the excerpt. Steamy and romantic. Wonderul 6!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:06 PM

    I agree, steamy and romantic and I loved the last line!

    ReplyDelete